Reptiles are ectotherm, and use heat from an external source to thermoregulate their optimal body temperature. Most reptiles use direct radiant heat from the sun in combination with conductive heat from sun-heated surfaces such as branches, rocks or other heat accumulating structures. Providing such an appropriate, species related, temperature gradient in the terrarium is an important factor in successful reptile keeping.
This Exo Terra Dimming / Pulse Thermostat will also help to prevent overheating and undercooling during hot summer days or cold winter nights, with the ability to set temperatures from 10°C up to 60°C / 50°F - 140°F. This is able to have one setting for your day time temperature, and another separate setting for a night time temperature as well, allowing you to provide not just the required hot end - cold end gradient during the day, but a daytime - nighttime cycle gradient as well, which ensures a good healthy circadian rhythm.
The Dimming & Pulse Proportional function keeps the temperature at the desired set point, with a much higher accuracy than conventional thermostats and virtually eliminates temperature swings in the terrarium. The easy-to-read blue LCD screen shows actual and set temperature, with a simple red LED indicating when the heating element is on. This comes with a clear and easy to read LCD screen, which shows both the actual temperature at that time, as well as the desired set temperature
This features a recessed dial to prevent any accidental changes in the setting, and includes a waterproof temperature probe, so is ideal for forest set ups, as well as arid ones. This can control any heating device on either a dimming or a pulse proportional setting, up to 600w, and is best used for heat bulb, ceramics, and heat cables. For the Dual Twin Channel unit, it can control 300w per channel, totaling 600w altogether.
ExoTerra Dimming / Pulse Thermostat 600w:
- Dimming & Pulse Proportional function controls terrarium temperatures very accurately
- From 10°C up to 60°C (50°F - 140°F)
- Red LED and heating symbol will indicate when heating device is ON
- Push button/dial system to avoid accidental setting or tampering
- Controls heating devices up to 600W
- Extra long 190cm/6.2ft power cord
- Waterproof remote temperature probe with built-in light sensor
- Easy-to-read blue LCD screen shows actual and set temperature
- Available in either Single Channel or Dual Twin Channel